Structure and Design of the Capstone Proposal and Project
The design of the proposal and project depends upon the topic and methods for measurement. The project and proposal will use evidence from the literature and a quality framework to organize the presentation. A nursing theory and/or change theory should be applied within the project. The role of the CNL is to be considered in both the proposal and the project.
Proposal Minimum Requirements
The written (Word) and verbal proposal (PowerPoint) will share the following information headers presented using APA format to the degree possible. The grading rubric is indicated for each area of the proposal as a % of 100 points:
1. Cover page (APA format) – 5%
2. The title and topic to be addressed – 10%
3. The goals of the project to be undertaken – 10%
4. The methodology (processes) to be utilized – 30%
– Why, what, where, when, who, costs, and how?
-Applicable change theory or other nursing or quality theory (at least one).
-Literature Search is described briefly. Library orientation is a requirement in the first CNL Roles course. If students need a refresher they can request help from the UTMB library at any time.
-Role of the CNL in the project. Is it appropriate for the CNL and what CNL roles fit in the project?
5. The student’s anticipated outcome(s) – 25%
6. The Capstone Committee members – 5%
7. Initial References (in APA format) – 15%
Length – Not to exceed 4 Word processed pages, not including title page or references.
It is suggested that you prepare an outline, for your own use, for a brief oral presentation of the Capstone Proposal to the Capstone Committee and to class CNL peers in a Skype Session(s).
The PowerPoint presentation should be able to be easily converted to a poster presentation for internal or external organization meetings or conferences.
Structure and Design of the Capstone Project – Immersion II GNRS
The following elements are required for the Capstone Project and are completed over two semesters and submitted one week prior to 7th semester ending date – see schedule. These components serve as key areas for the project grading rubric indicated by % of 100 points.
Submit the project using APA guidelines for an APA manuscript. Follow the directions in the Sixth Edition, Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association to include:
1. Title and Running Head (APA 2.01) – 2%
2. Author’s Name and Institutional Affiliation (APA 2.02) – 2%
3. Authors Acknowledgement – optional (APA 2.03) – 2%
4. Person to Contact (APA 2.03) – 2%
5. Abstract (APA 2.04). Note: Abstract is completed only after the project and paper is completed. 10%
6. Introduction (APA 2.05) (what and why?) 5%
7. Headings this section depends upon how much material you have and can it be sorted into headings (APA 3.03) – 2%
8. Method(s) (APA 2.06) – Literature Search (6%), Setting (2%), Time (2%), Sampling Procedure – 2% (what), Sampling subjects (who) – 2%, Sample Size or N (how many) – 2%, and Design, Measures, Theory ( 9%) – for a total of 25%.
9. Applies theories from nursing and/or for change. 10%
10. CNL Role Application – 10%
11. Results and Outcomes (APA 2.07) – 15%
12. Discussion (APA 2.08) – 5%
13. References (APA 2.11) – 5%
14. Copyright Permissions – optional. Use if planning to submit for publication (APA 2.12) -0%.
15. Appendices (optional) – carefully read this section and use your judgment on best placements for graphs, charts, pictures, etc. (APA 3.03) – 5%
Use the APA Sample Papers to assist you, found on page 41 of the APA Manual.
All papers are submitted to the course/module assignment drop box. See course schedule. If you use a MAC be sure that you have allowed time for any conversions or computer glitches. Contact the media analyst with a concern.
Due dates for the paper and presentation – see the specific course schedule.
1. Note the required sections for the paper and the percentages that apply – if you miss a section that many points are deducted from the paper. For example, if you fail to use and/or apply a theory you will lose 10%.
2. Be Concise – 2 points off for each page you exceed the page number requirement. Page requirements never include the cover page or the references or attachments. Presenting and writing information in a succinct and focused way is an essential writing skill. No one in health care leadership has time to read through large and wordy reports or proposals.
3. Informative – tell something of substance about the topic learned from the literature search.
4. Uses the language of quality improvement, evidence-based practice (EBP) or research. Use at least 5 EBP or quality terms. Grammar and Spelling Accuracy (always spell check) – 1 point of the paper grade for each grammar and spelling error.
5. Incorporate theories learned earlier and/or change theories as appropriate (10%).
6. Logically incorporate comments on CNL Role and /or competencies you are developing within the topic. 10% of the paper gradhttps
Managing a sentinel event usually consists of the following steps: immediate action, planning the investigation, data collection, data analysis, corrective action plan, and reporting to accreditation agencies. For this assignment, first, review details from the Week 2 and Week 3 discussions, including responses from peers, as well as instructor gradebook feedback. Then, you will focus on the parts below to develop a cohesive plan to address the sentinel event. Address the following in the Executive Summary to CEO template
Part 1: The Sentinel Event
Summarize the facts related to the sentinel event:Description of the event
Discuss the timeline events from initiation of the error through the resolution (will vary depending upon the sentinel event):When and/or where did the error occur?
When was it detected?
When was it reported and to whom?
Evaluate procedural errors:Identify the point in time when the error should have been detected before it occurred.
What part of the process or procedure was missed that contributed to the sentinel event?
Analyze accreditation agency (e.g., OSHA, ACHA, CMS, CDC, CLIA, TJC, AHCA, state agencies) requirements:Identify which agency(s) would be involved
Define the agency’s purpose
Discuss the agency’s reporting expectations based on the incident
Part 2: Root Cause Analysis: Fishbone Diagram
You will be responsible for creating the CQI Tool (fishbone), completing the tool, copying or taking a screenshot of the completed work, and pasting the completed fishbone diagram into the final document.
If you are unfamiliar with the fishbone, please refer to the Using Quality Improvement Methods for Evaluating Health Care (Links to an external site.) article by Siriwardena (2009).
In addition, as a learning resource, the CQI tool listed below is hyperlinked to the Institute for Health Care Improvement website, which discusses and illustrates an example of the Fishbone. Tools: Cause and Effect Diagram (Links to an external site.)
Part 3: Root Cause Analysis Report
Create a root cause analysis.
Identify the data you would collect to determine the cause.
Give your rationale for choosing the data.
Identify the probable cause, which may include a process failure, human error, cultural biases, policy error, systems error, technology failure, etc., that may have contributed to the sentinel event. Consider the following as applicable to your chosen event as you complete this segment:
What human factors were relevant to the outcome?
What process errors were relevant to the outcome?
Were there any steps in the process that did not occur as intended?
How did the equipment performance affect the outcome?
What are the other areas in the health care organization where this could happen?
Did staff performance during the event meet the expectations?
Develop a corrective action plan that is geared towards eliminating future events.
Explain the steps of implementing the corrective action plan. Consider the following in developing your response to this component:
Identify risk reduction strategies
Improvement of processes or systems
Communication barriers—for example, discuss the communication breakdown that might have contributed to the sentinel event, or what barriers may have occurred to cause the breakdown in communication (e.g., residual intimidation, reluctance to report a coworker, missing information at time of transition of care, etc.).
Training (e.g., orientation, professional development, cultural competency, skills training, in-service)
Equipment (e.g., technology, maintenance, and updates)
Policies and procedures (e.g., new or revised)
Describe the monitoring process that will be used to evaluate the success of the corrective action plan.
Analyze the components that may require the reallocation of budgetary resources. Consider the following as applicable to your sentinel event:
Public relations (reputation leading to decreased revenue)
Equipment and supplies
Training and education
Patient-centered communication methods (e.g., informed consent, procedural education, patient involvement [identify or mark the location of the surgical site])
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!